- Core Competency Survey 2016
- For New Authors
- Discussion Forum
ISMTE Members Are
Forums are threaded ongoing discussions. By default, the latest post will be moved automatically to the top of the list within a forum. However, this can be changed to sort by most recent forum topic. Replies within a forum topic are sorted chronologically so the most recent reply always appears at the bottom. Forums also allow for internal quoting and the member’s head-shot profile photo is displayed in their forum posts.
You can subscribe to a forum digest that will send a single email containing all recent forum activity. If you want to be alerted immediately about forum activity, you can subscribe to a specific forum or to a specific forum topic to be notified of new replies that have just been posted.
How to Subscribe to the Discussion Forum
Within the Discussion Forum, you have two levels of subscription options:
A. Discussion Forum Level: be notified when new topics are added to the forum.
B. Topic Level: be notified when new comments are made to a specific topic.
You can also subscribe to the Forum Digest. This will send a single email every month containing all recent forum activity.
1. Go to ISMTE's Discussion Forum
2. Click the “Forum Actions” drop-down box and click “Subscribe to Instant Updates”. Once you have subscribed to the Discussion Forum Instant Updates, you will be notified when a new topic is posted.
3. To comment on a topic, click on the name of the topic and type your comment.
4. To be notified when new comments are added to this topic, click the “Forum Actions” drop-down box and click “Subscribe to Instant Updates.” You must do this for each topic for which you want updates.
5. To unsubscribe to instant updates, click the “Forum Actions” drop-down box and click “Unsubscribe from Instant Updates.”
Create New Topic
1. Click “New Topic”
2. Add your Subject and content.
3. To be notified when new comments are added to this topic, click the “Forum Actions” drop-down box and click “Subscribe to Instant Updates.” You must do this for each topic for which you want updates.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact ISMTE at 630.433.4513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.