Thanks to the 60 individuals who participated in the inaugural ISMTE
meetings, where we outlined the needs of members and established goals
for the Society over the coming year.
THANKS TO OUR KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
London: Dr. Stephen Hancocks, OBE
Dr. Linda Miller, Executive Editor, Nature and the Nature journals - See Dr. Miller's slides
LEADING ISSUES FACING MANAGING AND TECHNICAL EDITORS:
- Communications and Reports
- Career development & job stability
- Need for a professional network
WHAT ISMTE CAN DO:
- Disseminate via newsletter and meetings best practices in publication ethics
- Encourage conversations in our discussion forum
- Offer training specific to job tasks (e.g., Excel, for reporting; proof markups)
- Develop templates specific to job tasks (e.g., reports)
- Develop job and resume bank
- Plan annual meetings (2009 meetings are already in discussion)
WANT TO HELP?
Join or Volunteer!