Applications must be received by 02-Oct-2017.
If you have any questions please contact Kelly@ISMTE.org or call +1.630.433.4513
Please review the information below and submit the requested information. Please note the information submitted may be seen outside the Nominating Committee; for example, should the election process become an open election, information submitted will be shared with members of ISMTE on the ballot for voting. Nominees may opt out if it becomes a general election.
Director. Directors are responsible for representing a focus area of the Society (e.g., conference planning, professional development, membership, peer organizations, etc.). This may include serving as a member of or chairing a committee, and liaising with the Board.
Secretary. The Secretary shall have oversight responsibility for the minutes of the meetings of the Board of Directors; ensure that notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these Bylaws; review the activities of staff members that are responsible for corporate records; and perform those duties incident to the office of Secretary and others that may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
Vice-President. The Vice-President shall perform such duties as may be assigned by the President or the Board.
President-Elect The office of President-Elect is a two-year term which culminates in the office of President, also a two-year term. The President shall lead the society in accomplishing its objectives and defining its mission, including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Serving as Chair of the Board to determine the agenda for and preside at Board meetings, and to perform such other duties incident to the office of Chair, as well as those that may be designated by the Board.
- Appointing ISMTE committee chairs, subject to approval by the Board, and approving members of ISMTE’s committees.
- Representing the organization at international, national, and local group meetings of ISTME and of other peer review organizations, as available.
- Representing the organization to vendors, publishers, and other organizations serving the academic publishing industry.
To be considered by the Nominating Committee, a nominee must have been a member of ISMTE for at least two consecutive years and be a current member. Those interested in the President-Elect, Vice President and Secretary positions must have served 2 consecutive years on the Board of Directors.
We are looking for candidates who:
• have contributed to ISMTE;
• are enthusiastic toward contributing to the success of ISMTE’s mission;
• are strategic and visionary thinkers;
• are good listeners;
• are willing to collaborate with others;
• will regularly attend face-to-face and virtual meetings;
• will dedicate time to the work of the Board of Directors; and
• will promote the ISMTE brand.
Time Commitment & Expenses for the Board of Directors
The ISMTE Board of Directors meets monthly by conference call, on a schedule determined at the beginning of each year. Owing to the geographical diversity of its members, we schedule these calls to allow all members to participate. It is expected that every board member will attend each of these monthly calls and prepare for them by submitting committee/focus area reports and reviewing the agenda and supporting materials in advance.
The ISMTE Board of Directors also meets annually, face-to-face at the same location as one of the annual meetings. It is anticipated that every board member will attend this annual in-person meeting, to ensure a quorum, and prepare for it by submitting committee/focus area reports and reviewing the agenda and supporting materials in advance.
ISMTE board members are not compensated for their roles as Directors or Officers. ISMTE will reimburse Board members for coach air travel or other transportation means to the annual meeting site for the face-to-face Board meeting, as well as for one hotel night. An expense form will be provided at the Board meeting.